Skip to main content

Darkness &Light

This poem was inspired by the song Jupiter by Sleeping At Last. Their songs are lyrical masterpiece and I highly recommend them if you're into poetry and stuff. Hope you enjoy this one too and let me know what song I should do next down below. xx




The sharpness of my breath against
the subtle gust of the wind
sounds like a match made in heaven.

I inhale the atmosphere and take flight
into a realm where
I am not alive
but I thrive
nonetheless.

I take a bite at my skin to uncover 
the fire somewhere within,
but my veins are filled with stardust and hailstorms,
And I let them bleed out into the open.

For they shape a far away land,
raining down mystery and magic,
and I hope a set of lips will wish 
upon my light in the night sky,
and let the universe spill 
into their mind.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bridges and Hearts

The song that inspired the following poem is  Between the Lines   by Sara Bareilles. She's a lyrical goddess and all of her songs are amazing. I know that doesn't seem statistically possible but its true lol . I bellow out the words in front of a crowd, every letter  molded by desperate fear of losing someone I had never found. There are a thousand faces in the hall right now and yet my heart seems to set on you,  hoping that you will  notice the light in my eyes, but scared that you will know the truth. Because it has been a long time, darling, of just hits and misses and stolen looks, of me having my back turned  when you meant to put  that blue necklace around my neck, and you taking a flight among the clouds, when I was just catching up  to your footprints on the ground. But all the cards are on the table now covered in a bright red paint, written with the initials of a familiar name, pleading and praying you can finally lear

TOP 5 AMAZING SONGS for WRITING a SAD SCENE

These songs always help me get into a lovesick mood for writing a sad scene. Hope you enjoy them and find them useful. What are some of the songs that you listen to for writing? Leave them in the comments down below. xx 1. I Found- By Amber Run 2. Oceans- By Seafret 3. Manhattan -By Sara Bareilles 4. From the Dining Table- By Harry Styles 5. Back to December- By Taylor Swift